Sunday, October 30, 2011

"You Can Be the Wife of A Happy Husband"

Disclaimer: I am obviously not married, however, it has come to my attention that loving someone is really hard work! I wanted to save this book for engagement but my emotions have caused difficulty this week. Therefore, I have started reading this phenomenal book by Darien B Cooper. She is a great writer and puts relationship issues into perspective.

In the back of the book there are questions for each chapter. After reading a chapter you are supposed to answer the questions in a "journal" notebook and add a prayer. I have decided to blog through this experience in order to share God's wisdom and insight. I pray we are all blessed and encouraged through this season! May God Bless us forward into the next seasons at the right time in Jesus Name!

Chapter 1: "The Perfect Plan"
This chapter explains the importance of submission on both parts of the husband and wife. Although we are called to serve different roles, it is extremely necessary to love one another and submit to one another as God describes in Ephesians 5:21-33:
"21 Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.22 Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything. 25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, 27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28 In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29 After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church— 30 for we are members of his body. 31 “For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.” 32 This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church. 33 However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband."

The question I would like to address tonight is...
"Share what the word submission has meant to you and how you formed your ideas. Does substituting the word responder give a different perspective. Read Ephesians 5:21. According to this verse, who is required to be subject to one another? Since your life is the only one you can change, where must your focus be?"

www.dictionary.com says,

sub·mit

verb (used with object)
1. to give over or yield to the power or authority of another (often used reflexively).

Just as we are called to submit to the Lord's will, wives are also created to be submissive their husbands through respect and reverence. The Bible says that husbands are also supposed to be submissive to their wives, through love as Christ loves the Church in Jesus Name! Growing up in church I have always known these concepts, however, now that I am growing and maturing in my own romantic relationship/courtship with Ryan (my Godly Hottie Boyfriend in Jesus Name!) it has become evident that my submissive attitude needs work. In order to fully submit to one another, both husband and wife must belief and have hope in their love for one another. John 13:35 says, "Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples." God has designed us male and female in order to compliment one another. Adding the word responder with submission really does give me new perspective. I need to be in constant prayer for Ryan and our relationship. I want to be the best "help-mate" that God has created me to be as his future wife (disclaimer: we are not yet engaged-waiting for God's perfect timing in Jesus Name!). Recently this past week God has shown me how selfish I am in regards to my relationship with and expectations for Ryan. The whole time I thought I was justified in telling him how hurt I was by our "lack" of communication, God revealed to me that I was more consumed with "my needs" and what I thought he should or should not be doing. What I am slowly learning is that prayer is vital in our relationship. Couples should be praying together and individually. Since Ryan is preparing to become a policeman, God is preparing me to be a true woman of prayer! I need to totally and confidently trust in what God is doing in my life. Although I have made terribly past mistakes, it is essential that I accept God's forgiveness through Jesus Christ on the Cross! Woman of God, Be Encouraged! God loves you! He has created you as a precious Princess in His Kingdom in Jesus Name! Please stay strong and Courageous through it all! God knows what He is doing. Even if we do not always see His plans clearly, please trust that he Loves you and wants to Bless you with the Best of His ability. His love, grace, and mercy are far greater than any gift we could ever imagine.

I know this was a rather long post! I appreciate your time and support in reading what God is doing in me through this devotional book to become the best Godly wife (in future tense :P). May God continue to bless and keep each one of you! Love you all dear family in Christ!

Always a Sister in Christ,
Sammi! :) Yay Jesus!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Father God,

    Please bless each person with wisdom, knowledge, and insight for how you can change their lives! Lord I pray that you would fill us each with your Holy Spirit! Give us your eyes to see, hears to hear, and your words to speak in Jesus Name! Thank you for being an amazing Father, provider, and protector! I love you and Praise you for the mighty work you are doing in my life! Please continue to provide joy and strength as I continue in my relationship with Ryan through the distance! Keep us strong and courageous as your Will is fulfilled! Thank you for your personal promises that you have for each of us! I love and praise you all the days of my life! In Jesus Name I pray! Amen! :)+ (Yay Jesus)

    ReplyDelete